Question:
should indian team leave the tour of australia and come back?
chetna s
2008-01-06 00:59:52 UTC
after so many decisions going against their way resulting in losing a test match .shouldn't they come back .for what they should play if the bad umpiring again lead to their downfall it will be them only who will have bad record.
27 answers:
2008-01-06 18:40:27 UTC
Yes. I think we should. Its because of the decision that they have taken against harbajan singh. How can one be guilty without any proofs. If Harbajan was an australian, they would have easily let this case off the hook by saying "NO PROOF". Second reason is the pathetic umpiring....we should have some age limit for the umpires. Defenitely the steve bucknor is not good for international matches..
a_zx2003
2008-01-06 09:17:46 UTC
No. Thats not the solution since the umpires are selected by the ICCI and not the Australian Cricket Team.The quality of umpiring was very poor.The Board should ask for a change in the panel of umpires for the remaining matches.

Lastly the Aussies were 6 down for 160 odd.Then they went on to make 450 plus. Then Yuvi is yet to find his mark (even after 4 outings ).

So perhaps there are some weakenesses (both in bowling and batting) in our side too.
GargVK
2008-01-06 13:33:01 UTC
Why Indian team leave in between,instead they should take up the matter with ICC and fight till both the umpires are shunted out for further umpiring in coming matches.Further it is high time also to act BC CI with tough attitude and back up their players.It is good to see all ex cricket players giving full support it is now for BC CI with firm hands.
chidambaram k
2008-01-06 09:22:09 UTC
You cant write one paper in an exam and come out, then you will fail. Like that still One day match is there. Let us hope for the best. and we should know how to play in difficult situations.

Take it easy, Everything is in a game. Umpiring decisions applicable to both the teams. All depends.
2008-01-06 16:03:05 UTC
India shouldnt play australia for 20 years or so.Australian cricketers and the f ucking umpires were cheaters.The match was fixed and hayden knew about that.
2008-01-06 09:08:17 UTC
No way! India must fight in Australia as hard as it can, regardless of umpiring -- thats what positive cricket is.

if game is abandoned and left, then its an example of surrendering cowardly.

people will say, India too scared of Australia and thats why they left.

So for the spirit of the game, they must play the entire tour and try to win.

by the way, defeat was still avoidable i feel. a draw match turned to defeat out of tail enders cracking under pressure
M A N
2008-01-06 09:04:54 UTC
India has lost this match due to the poor umpiring.

They played really well but the umpires let them down with their poor decisions.

India should come back, but there are some rules & regulations in ICC, they can't do this.

Good luck for the remaining series.
irresistibly_lovable_guy
2008-01-06 09:20:29 UTC
my heart feel very sad for indian team !!! ponting appeal even when he knew he had grounded the ball....and clark waala catch..SAD SAD SAD....

But INDIANS WILL FIGHT!!! REMEMBER AUSSIES..

the way the umpire asked ponting whether it was out r nt i mean of course he vil say yes and 11 bad decisions almost an innings full...

BUT !!!

Call off a tour because of Umpire's mistake???

Answer is no....ICC only has very few world class umpires and steve bucknor is one of them ....Also Players have bad games why can't Umpires

I know India is gonna fight back....

GO INDIA
2008-01-06 12:32:29 UTC
Play full to see what worse is possible

adversity is training plateform

Do not depend on the umpire . learn to play in hostile conditions .
vijay k
2008-01-06 10:01:17 UTC
YES,NOT ONLY INDIAN CRICKET,I THINK CRICKET IN AUATRALIA SHOULD BE BANNED FOR GOOD,AND TEAM AUSTRALIA SHOULD WEAR SKIRTS AND TOUR WORLDWIDE FOR THEIR FAULTS,IF A BILLION PEOPLE WATCHING THIS MATCH SAY THAT ONLY UMPIRES ARE AT FAULTS,I THINK PEOPLE SHOULE GIVE UP THE GAME OF CRICKET.POINDING IS BETTER DOING A UMPIRERS JOB AT PRESENT ON THE FIELD THAN OFF THE FIELD ,ONE COULD SE TODAYS EXAPMLE FOR INSTANCE.
Idealist
2008-01-06 09:06:50 UTC
No...I want them to play the remaining matches and come back after a 4-0 rout...it will be fun to see them face the nation after that
2008-01-06 09:03:24 UTC
2 - 0
2008-01-06 09:08:04 UTC
No way mate,are you forgetting you are 20/20 champs.We got a match next week at the MCG cant go home yet....
beckhem rulz
2008-01-06 10:47:42 UTC
i agree wid u..though we can win the t20 and the odis...we cant let injustice happen wid us....players know it is not a catch and they appeal...they don't have this much deicency to claim that it was not a out when umpires give not out to the indians
annie
2008-01-06 09:11:26 UTC
these controversies r never ending.......the ball is now in BCCI's court.it is they ,who have to decide this .australians r capable of doing any untoward things to harm the indians,coz they r used to winning matches using wrong tactics.they never want to loose a single match ,as it hurts their EGO.
2008-01-06 09:05:55 UTC
Ozsunil - you lost, we won. Tissues are in aisle 5. Oh yeah!!!!

Oh, by the way - if you want to go home, go home. Decisions come and decisions go, but talent always shines through. If you want to run with your tails between your legs, I do not think we'll stop you. But consider how gutless your team (a team I admire greatly) will look.
lucifer
2008-01-06 12:07:23 UTC
of course, if the BCCI has any dignity left. Dalmiya would have done it but does Pawar have the balls ? Doubtful.
2008-01-06 10:17:12 UTC
no why should we come back we battle with courage because INDIANS are powerful htan any ohter country in the world
2008-01-06 10:11:43 UTC
indians cricketers should act in hindi films hero dhoni, yuvraj

thet are a miserable shameless they should be crucified
ozsunil
2008-01-06 09:03:58 UTC
Yes i believe so

the decisions were terrible and aussies cheated

Yes the aussies cheated. ponting and clarke tried to claim catches that were not catches !

if you want proof then read these articles

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ausvind/content/story/329322.html

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ausvind/content/current/story/329392.html
2008-01-06 09:03:25 UTC
we can win 20-20
samar m
2008-01-06 14:13:07 UTC
ya indian team should comeback and practise for another tour......dont worru indains we all r wid u.........cheer up for india.......kangaroos were cheaters r cheaters and always b cheaters
chinklu
2008-01-06 09:06:34 UTC
No they should have faith in them and win the battle against that mighty ouses . and those who r supporting them should go out of this country india ...
addy
2008-01-06 09:05:41 UTC
yes they should and entire country should support the Decision & no more diplomacy should take place
M V
2008-01-06 09:14:32 UTC
they shudn't come back but stay their giv an eye 2 eye
Hayaan N
2008-01-06 09:04:39 UTC
no. India must keep trying until they succeed
Princess
2008-01-06 09:14:01 UTC
no..! they should stay there n fight back!