Question:
Did man of the prize money in cricket is distributed among all players or it is individual prize money?
curious
2006-12-07 01:05:33 UTC
how prize money is distributed in international cricket including man of the match,
Thirteen answers:
Mohan
2006-12-07 01:12:25 UTC
Its the money of an individual & the same is not USUALLY distributed among team members. However, it depends on the person who receives it. if he thinks someone else did a greater job than himself, he can push that money to another player.

Each member in the team gets money for being in the team, doesn't matter if they win/loose.
2016-03-13 08:16:37 UTC
The highest earner all together is Maria Sharapova according to Forbes. With her endorsements she is the HIGHEST PAID FEMALE ATHLETE IN HISTORY. Go Maria..... Just prize money, it is hard to tell.... I've had a ton of trouble finding out because there are a few different corporate entities that own the different events. One owns WTA events, the Slams all have different owners, then there is ITF, USTA, and the other lower level pro circuits in each country. In short I think it would be hard to say exactly without compiling the exact results of each player for the past twenty years- too much work for me! If I were guessing, I would say Steffi Graf, because she played and won so many tournaments a year for so long and did so once the prize money was high- after Martina Navratilova and the earlier greats. Men: its either Federer or Sampras. I would bet Fed has passed or will very shortly pass Pistol Pete because the purses for the slams have doubled since Pete won his first one back in the day...... when I wasn't 28 and sort of old and stuff.....
dua
2006-12-07 13:17:49 UTC
Yes all cash prizes including "Man of the Match" money is distributed among all players.Man of the match money in divided into 12 and man of the match gets two portions. Individual prizes like Car or Motorcycle goes to recepient.
vakayil k
2006-12-07 04:07:30 UTC
The cash award given to the Cricketer by way of Man of the Match is distributed among all the players
holdon
2006-12-07 02:48:08 UTC
There is an unwritten code among players that prizes should go to the team as a whole.

There are instances where it has not happened, Sir Richard Hadlee and his car was one example, having already donated about 2 cars, and who knows what else in prize money to the team, Hadlee decided to keep the car.

Which is not that unreasonable really.
pressurekooker
2006-12-07 01:38:30 UTC
Usually the money is pooled and distributed among the complete squad. But there have been instances where there's been a dispute. Richard Hadlee wouldn't part with a car he had won. And Ravi Shastri decided to keep the Audi he won in 1985.
whay i lost my ?s
2006-12-07 03:19:52 UTC
Prize money is split half to the ACB for cricket programs to bring more players up to the top. the other half is split to the atual listed side (20 odd players) as for man of the match it is individual achievement ths the reward goes to that player only

Most of the money is made by sponsership deals (weet-bix for example sponsor Brett Lee, Ricky Ponting and I forgot who the other is, another is Ford sponsors Matthew Hayden)
shrimal_sandeep
2006-12-07 03:13:30 UTC
All cash prize money is distributed and all kind like cars, crystal gift items are not distributed.
ROCKSTAR
2006-12-07 04:00:10 UTC
well for winning a match every team is given a particular amount which is evenly distributed amongst all the players of a team but when a player is awarded with a man of the match reward it is his own.

i hope i win many man of the match trophies once i bcome a cricketer. pray for me

cheers
neernar
2006-12-07 02:51:58 UTC
yes they wil distribute among the playing 11. and they will share equally
(^_^)
2006-12-07 03:34:29 UTC
Its individual
abhijith s